Today, I made dinner without the use of a microwave! Things are looking up for The Silly Asparagus. I made Quorn tacos and they were delicious. The best part of the meal was when Papa Asparagus told me that I had cooked the chicken well. Ha! “IT’S QUORN”, I shouted with delight. Victory for Asparagus everywhere.
Here is the recipe, which serves 2 (wow, I’m spoiling you this week):
You will need: 1 teaspoon olive oil 1 small onion, chopped 175g (6oz) Quorn chicken style pieces 1 garlic clove, chopped 230g can of chopped tomatoes Sprinkle of dried chilli flakes (add more depending on how hot you fancy it) 4 taco shells 15g (1/2 oz) reduced fat grated cheddar
Serve with green salad and 2tbsp tzatziki
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and Quorn pieces and cook for 5 minutes (until beginning to brown).
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and chilli.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes, until pulpy and fairly thick.
- Heat the oven to gas mark 6/200 /fan 180°C.
- Heat the taco shells for around 1 minute in the oven.
- Spoon the Quorn mixture into the taco shells and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Return to the oven for around 3 minutes.
- Serve 2 tacos each, with salad and tzatziki.
This recipe was taken from a Weight Watchers magazine. For those counting points, there are just 8 ProPoints in what you see above. I will certainly cook this again. For the recipe I have given you, I have lowered the amount of time the taco shells are put in the oven. This is because mine went quite soft and split.
For dessert, I combined frozen yoghurt, meringue nests and strawberries. Again, this is a Weight Watchers recipe and there are 2 ProPoints per serving.
I love strawberries, and I am now mature enough not to cover them in sugar. I continuously praise Marks and Spencer, and it is easy to see why when it comes to strawberries…
Left = Standard Strawberry. Right = M&S Strawberry.
That’s all from me today.
With Love, The Silly Asparagus.