Hello my darlings.
What began as a blog about becoming a vegetarian has slowly morphed into a place where I share so many different aspects of the life of The Silly Asparagus. Soon, I want to tell you about non-veggie related things, such as work experience and graduation. So today, I want to make this post about the veggies.
On Friday, I ate at my first vegetarian restaurant. And wow, was it impressive. I thought I would review it and encourage you all to go.
Where: Manna. Vegetarian Restaurant. 4 Erskine Road, Primrose Hill, London, NW3 3AJ.
First, I’ll talk you through the food. I’ll then tell you all the little details you should know. I went to the restaurant with Mr. Carnivore. I promise I wasn’t eating two dishes per course! Most of the dishes are also suitable for vegans. I’ll add a ‘(v)’ to the dish name if it is vegan-friendly. Apologies that the images aren’t great, but I only had my low-battery phone on me. The food looks a lot more appetising in reality…
Mains… Mr. Carnivore and The Silly Asparagus both opted for the specials, which you won’t find on the menu.
- It isn’t cheap. If you’re eating on a smaller budget, try elsewhere. The meal above, for two diners, cost just under £80. I feel it was worth every penny. However, a can of (organic) coke will set you back £3.
- This is a vegetarian restaurant. They do not serve any meat at all.
- The choice is brilliant and the dishes contain so much detail. Because of this, meat-eaters should not be put off. Try it!
- So many of the dishes are suitable for vegans. There is also a great gluten-free variety.
- BOOK! The restaurant is extremely popular. Unless you make reservations in advance, you are unlikely to get a table here.
- For more information, take a peek at the Manna website: http://www.mannav.com/